Wednesday, June 10, 2009

School's Out For Summer ! <3

This year has certainly been a long one. It was filled with great projects that were really fun, and some that were maybe...not so fun.

Multiple Exposure:
I really liked doing this project. I learned how to use photoshop and manipulate the image so that they were on top of eachother. There were five of me in one photo! How exciting. Some parts of it were hard though. It was hard to crop it just right, and get it so that it was in the perfect position, but a little time and effort really helped. I am glad I completed this project because I really learned a lot about the program Photoshop. I used magnetic lassos, and cropping tools and get five of me in one picture. Taking the pictures was the most fun. I got to dress up in different clothes and pose in crazy ways.

The Circus Collage:
This was one of my favourite projects of the year. I love making collages. I learned how to crop around certain images and place them in a way to make a collage. I liked putting colourful pictures and borders on my collage. It really brightened it up and make it pretty. I liked the circus theme because I got to take a picture of me acting crazy. It was a good theme because it got me thinking in a different way. There were a few errors though. I accidentally deleted the whole project and had to start all over! Oh No! It was terrible. But I found that I actually liked the second one better. I think the strongest component was the colourfulness of it. It really added to the circus theme, and went well with it.

The Pattern:
For the pattern project we had to vectorize three different images. It was very time consuming and sometimes difficult. I couldn't always get the colours or layers right but in the end it worked out well. I liked making the actual pattern because it got me thinking. I tried to come up with a creative way to make it into a pattern. The strongest component of this was that I used one image continuously and added the other ones as accents. It really made it seem like a pattern because it was repeated.

Eccentrick Inspiration:
I liked this project because I got to pick a musician that I like and put my pattern on him. I chose Chris Cornell because I really like his music. It was a little difficult to get the white spots perfect though. I tried my best but I still don't think it was that great. To make it better I could have made my pattern smaller, I think it was too big and kind of took away from the concept of this project. The strongest component of this was inlaying the pattern. It was important to make it just right or else it didn't look right.

Video Project:
By far the best project ever! I have always loved film and making movies and this was a great project to do. I had so much fun filming all the scenes and editing it. We spent a lot of time making sure the music and editing were perfect. To make it better we could have added more or better transitions that way it would have run more smoothly. But overall I loved this project because it really let me be creative on my own and come up with a whole idea without anyone's help.

This year has been great. I really love this course and really wish I could take a comm course next year. Too bad my schedule is already full :(
I really enjoyed the course this year and hope to take some kind of comm course in the future.
Thanks for reading :)

No comments: